Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Perfect Sunday.........
Today was a delightful day. We began by going to church which was very challenging, inspiring and an encouragement to gather together as believers. Our church was celebrating its 93rd birthday today! Then we went to Sunday School small group which meets over coffee. For lunch we met some friends and enjoyed a long, relaxed and delicious Middle Eastern cuisine....very tasty indeed! I went shopping for a while in the market for as long as I could tolerate the craziness of the mobs of people, tight spaces and what seems like endless amount of stuff......clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry, souvenirs and decorations. Its always fun to bargain though and to look around. Then we met some other friends for a light dinner to be followed by an instrumental concert at church featuring the organ, piano and violin. ITs been a while since I have enjoyed a concert of classical music and it was a treat indeed with some very gifted artists. Some of my favorite pieces were played and I revisited many music memories from college.
Well.....it was a refreshing Sunday and now I am headed to bed to get ready for the new week which is approaching quickly........

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Beach said...

Classical music is certainly a treat when you live abroad... I remember one night in Guatemala, strolling into the square and was stopped in my tracks by a full symphonic orchestra filling the cobblestone streets with beautiful strains. I was mesmerized.

Glad to see you're posting! I think we've switched places now ;)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

You guys sure stay busy! Glad that you had a good day.

10:43 PM  
Blogger allison said...

look at you post! that does sound like a perfect day, we all need a refresher like that and when it comes it's such a treat.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home