Friday, August 17, 2007
I am working on the creativity and picture aspects of my "blogging", but for now i'll just post a few comments from the tropics :) We're in the middle of a huge rainstorm- actually the edge of a major typhoon in this part of the world. Rainstorms here are unlike any i have ever experienced in my life. Sometimes they last for days and the rain dumps over and over with this hangover that looks like a winter blizzard. At least it cools things down a bit. Typhoons are a very common thing during rainy season here in the tropics. And thus here we have "typhoon days' rather than snow days. We almost had one this week, but we successfully got our first week of school in. Tennis was a struggle though with all the rain. Its been a great start to the year and I am very glad to see my students again. Despite the frustrations and challenges of teaching, they make it all worth it. And I love coaching too. This year we have had well over 30 kids come out for tryouts! It has been chaos but i enjoy seeing the excitement over a sport that I have loved so much myself. I am re-living my highschool days as I coach them. Well- after a crazy week, I am very much looking forward to a relaxing, rainy long weekend ahead- a chance to stop, reflect, journal, read and catch up. Time to curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book :) You are all on my thoughts and mind. until next time.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home