Thursday, May 08, 2008

3 Weeks Left!

Well, three weeks have passed since I last wrote, and now we are halfway to the end. Wow! Part of me is very ready to be finished with the school year and yet I still have so much to do before then! Lots of grading, packing etc.......
One more week of teaching, then finals week and then the last week of activities, graduation, packing and ......saying goodbye. I don't look forward to that part. Its now time for all the "last times" for everything......last time going to church, seeing this person, going to this place, and suddenly you appreciate things you wouldn't appreciate as much or more, just because soon you are leaving it behind. Things that seem unimportant or trivial somehow hold sentimental value. I feel sort of like I am graduating or leaving college or something. Partly because I am moving and finishing the school year and going back home all at the same time. And partly because living here in our community feels like college- two doors away or down the street from all your friends. I will miss that part a lot. Neighborhood BBQ's, ultimate frisbee on the field, hanging out or stopping by to say hi just for an hour or so at night. I think it will take some adjustment in many ways and I am trying to prepare myself for it, but I am also excited about the next phase of life and all that lies ahead.

Well, enough on my internal reflections.......I'll post more pictures soon........

3 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

internal reflections always welcome :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

You're only a thousand miles away now. :)

I wish that living in the same country meant that we could see each other more. I miss you!

-ang

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

oops...three weeks isn't quite up yet. i guess you're probably not to CO yet and the miles are more like...eight or nine thousand between us.
:)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home