Friday, April 18, 2008
In six weeks we'll be packing and up and getting ready to leave the Philippines, for good. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to be back in Colorado, near family, friends and the mountains I love, among other things. But when you spend two years of your life in a place, you become a part of it, or I guess that place becomes a part of you. And for that reason its hard to leave. I know we will never be the same after this experience, and part of who we are is now shaped by the people we met and the experiences we had in this country. I have come to love the people, the culture and the rugged beauty of this vast group of islands known as the Philippines. I will miss wonderful friends, students and the friendly, warm-hearted, cheerful, good-natured people and culture. So for these next 6 weeks, I am going to soak it all in and enjoy every last moment until it is time to say goodbye.

1 Comments:
I'm happy that you've been able to have this amazing experience that will forever impact your life. We can be confident that God will continue to use it for His glory. Goodbyes are never easy my friend, love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home